Today, Olympus Imaging Singapore showcased eight new digital cameras with high megapixel rating and wide angle lens. The cameras include FE4000, FE4010, FE5020, FE-26, FE-46, Mju 7010, Mju 7020 and Mju Tough 6010.
Jimmy Loh, general manager for Olympus Imaging Singapore, kicked start the event with the introduction of the new offerings coming in August.
Olympus FE-4000 & FE-4010
The “Fashionable & Elegant” FE series of digital cameras incorporate a high-power zoom lens with wide-angle shooting capability in a slim, stylish body, together with an enhanced selection of automated functions including the iAUTO (Intelligent Auto) function which automatically optimizes the camera’s settings to best suit the scene being shot. Designed to make it easy for anyone to master the digital camera’s three basic functions — “shooting, viewing and deleting”, these cameras are simple, fun, and friendly.
The FE-4010 and FE-4000 both incorporates a 12-megapixel CCD, 4x optical zoom lens with a super wide-angle of 26mm and a 2.7” LCD monitor. The compatibility of these high-power zoom lenses with the slim camera body design allows the user to shoot a subjects across a wider range, while features like the iAUTO (Intelligent Auto) function, which analyzes the scene in the viewfinder scene and automatically optimizes camera settings accordingly, ensure the best possible picture every time.
Other helpful, user-friendly features include selectable scene modes and various automated functions.
The FE-5020 incorporates a 5x optical zoom lens with a wide-angle of 24mm and a 2.7-inch LCD Monitor. The compatibility of these high-power zoom lenses with the slim camera body design allows the user to shoot a subjects across a wider range, while features like the iAUTO (Intelligent Auto) function, which analyzes the scene in the viewfinder scene and automatically optimizes camera settings accordingly, ensure the best possible picture every time. The high-definition 12-megapixel CCD and the Olympus TruePic III image processing engine assure high image quality.
- Slim, Compact Body with Double-Layered Crystal Shell
- Easy-to-apply Magic Filter for enhanced creativity. (Consist of the following filters options: POP ART, SKETCH, PIN HOLE, FISH-EYE and WEDDING)
- AF Tracking allows the camera tracks of moving subject and keeps adjusting its focus through the frame
- Face Detection that automatically detects human faces and optimizes focus and exposure accordingly
- Help Guide that displays easy-to-understand explanations about camera modes and other functions to help users make the best selection
- Image stabilization mode reduces the picture blur due to camera shake or subject motion (takes advantage of faster hutter speeds made possible by high sensitivity shooting)
- Shadow Adjustment Function helps to increase the brightness in the picture when using in I-Auto Mode (Only Available in FE-4010)
- Compare Shot that shows multiple results of exposure compensation or Magic Filter on a single screen for comparison
- 14 versatile scene modes including night mode and pet mode (13 scene modes with the FE-4000)
- MASD-1 microSD attachment provided to enable recording and playback to/from microSD and microSDHC cards.
The Olympus FE-4000 and FE-4010 will be available in Early August 2009 and both comes in Pearl White, Dark Gray and Magenta. The Olympus FE-5020 comes in Pearl White, Dark Gray, Wine Red and Blue.