Olympus Imaging Singapore unveils 8 new cameras
The new FE-46 is equipped with a 5x optical zoom lens that can capture full-size images of distant subjects (the FE-26 is equipped with a 3x optical zoom lens) and both models feature a Double-Layered Crystal Shell exterior that exudes high quality and enhances both camera handling and pride of ownership. The clear transparent acrylic shell that encases the camera shimmers like a reflection in a pool of water, constantly changing colour and appearance, sometimes appearing subtle and elegant, sometimes sparkling like a glass of champagne.
In addition, these cameras incorporate four Magic Filter effects including POP and PIN HOLE, which instantaneously turn scenes from daily life into powerful, evocative images. With its genesis in the image processing technology inherent to the digital camera, this function takes picture-taking to a whole new level of inspiration and enjoyment. Another big feature, AF Tracking, makes it much easier to shoot fast-moving subjects such as children or pets. The camera tracks the moving subject automatically and keeps it in focus throughout so that the user can image it with optimum focus and brightness (exposure) simply by pressing the shutter button at any time during tracking.
These cameras are capable of capturing high-quality images of subjects across a wide range thanks to their powerful optical zoom lenses (5x on the FE-46 and 3x on the FE-26) and 12-megapixel CCDs. To ensure great results all the time, a variety of helpful automated functions are provided such as iAUTO (Intelligent Auto), which analyzes the scene in the viewfinder scene and automatically optimizes camera settings accordingly, as well as 13 versatile scene modes.
- Slim, Compact Body with Double-Layered Crystal Shell
- Easy-to-apply Magic Filter for enhanced creativity. (Consist of the following filters options: POP ART, SKETCH, PIN HOLE, FISH-EYE and WEDDING)
- AF Tracking allows the camera tracks of moving subject and keeps adjusting its focus through the frame
- Face Detection that detects up to 16 human faces automatically
- Large 2.7-inch LCD monitor for easy framing
- Simple still image editing function that can compensate for backlit images and red-eye even after shooting
- LCD Boost button for easy verification of the subject even under bright light
- MASD-1 microSD attachment provided to enable recording and playback to/from microSD and microSDHC Cards
The FE-26 will come in Silver, Pink and Blue, while the FE-46 will be available in Pearl White, Pink and Light Blue. Both cameras will be available in Early August 2009.