The Olympus PEN E-P1 was launched in June and according to the manufacturer, the sales for the digital camera has achieved five times higher than their expectation. And today, Olympus has announced the new PEN E-P2 interchangeable lens digital camera.
Olympus Imaging Singapore (Jimmy Loh, General Manager – above picture) is pleased to announce the introduction of the OLYMPUS PEN E-P2 interchangeable lens digital camera and related accessories. The E-P2 is the second Olympus camera to be developed for the Micro Four Thirds System standard, and is scheduled to go on sale in Singapore in December 2009.
1 Mirror-less design for light, compact, go-anywhere portability, with a high-quality metal body that reflects the concentrated imaging power inside. Available in black.
2 Newly expanded range of 8 creative Art Filter functions, including Diorama and Cross Process. Other creative tools include i-ENHANCE, a new Picture mode that captures subjects with exceptional clarity and presence, and HD movie and high quality PCM audio recording.
3 New accessory port enables use of a detachable high-definition, 144,000-dot EVF Live Viewfinder with 100% field of view, or an optional adapter for an external microphone. A new HDMI Control function also enables camera playback operations to be controlled via the user’s TV remote control.
4 Live Control icon display on LCD monitor for easy, intuitive selection of camera settings, and Continuous-Tracking AF for easy focusing with moving subjects.
• 4/3-inch, 12.3-megapixel high-speed Live MOS image sensor and newly developed TruePic V image processing engine for high-quality, SLR-class imaging
• High-speed imager AF for responsive live view shooting
• iAUTO fully automatic shooting mode selection based on scene analysis
• Choice of 4 aspect ratios
• Live view double exposure function with simultaneous display of current scene and previously captured image
• Built-in image stabilization mechanism with up to 4 EV corrective effect
• Reliable dust reduction system
• HDMI output for high-quality image and movie playback
• Multi-Mix Slideshow playback with background music
• e-Portrait function for smooth rendering of skin texture
• Face & Background Control for beautifully exposed portraits and group photos
• Shadow Adjustment Technology to prevent blown highlights and blocked-in shadows
• MF Assist function for manual focusing with auto image magnification
• Live View level gauge display
• High-precision 324-zone evaluative metering system
Main Feature Details
Mirror-less design for light, compact, go-anywhere portability, with a high-quality metal body that reflects the concentrated imaging power inside. Available in black.
Compact, mirror-less, Micro Four Thirds System design
Micro Four Thirds System design eliminates the need to incorporate a mirror box inside the camera, enabling the distance from the lens mount to the focal plane (flange back distance) to be cut by about half without reducing image sensor size or compromising image quality. Compared to the Olympus E-420 — the world’s smallest digital SLR* — camera body width has been reduced by about 8.5mm, height by about 20mm, and thickness by about 18mm, resulting in a camera with only 58% of the E-420’s body volume.
High-quality metal body, in black
Like the E-P1, the OLYMPUS PEN E-P2 uses aluminum for the top and bottom of the body, and stainless steel for the back and sides, giving it a feel of quality and solidity in the hand that reflect the high standard of performance it achieves. In addition, the OLYMPUS PEN E-P2 is offered with a sleek black finish.