Panasonic’s new SD Cards are almost indestructible
Panasonic has just unveiled their new UHS Speed Class (Class 1) and SD Speed Class (Class 10) microSD cards, the microSDHC UHS-1 Card series.
Available in 4/8/16/32GB data capacity/sizes, these cards use MLC type NAND Flash memory, with top read and write speeds at 45 and 25 MBps respectively. The memory cards will also feature several protection and service life prolonging elements, which are advertised as their “6 proofs of protection”, enumerated as follows:
- Water-proof – JIS IPX7 Standard, which means that it can still work even when subjected to a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes.
- ESD-proof – IEC61000-4-2 Standard, corresponding to 150pF max capacitance, ±15kV (air) discharge capacity, and a static discharge test clearance with a test resistance value of 330 ohms.
- Magnet-proof – can withstand a 1,000-gauss direct current-induced magnetic field for 1 minute, and can operate within it for that time period.
- X-ray-proof – ISO7816 Standard, so it can still work after being exposed to 0.1Gy of absorbed X-ray radiation.
- Shock-proof – Survives even when subjected to a force of 20N, and has a 0.1Nm endurable moment torsion load.
- Temperature-proof – can operate within temperatures of -25 to 85 degree Celsius (-13 to 185°F)
The Panasonic microSDHC UHS-1 Card series is scheduled to be officially available on July 13, 2013, although no official prices have been announced yet.
Source: MyNavi (JP)