Besides the new lens for the Pentax Q-series cameras, the company has also announced their latest digital compact camera, the Pentax Optio VS20. The Optio VS20 boasts 20x optical zoom lens and a second vertical shutter release for ease of shooting portrait photos.
The Pentax Optio VS20 claims to feature a 20X optical zoom lens (28-560mm equivalent) and a second vertical shutter-release button with zoom lever that provides ease of shooting portraits. This provides stability even at long optical zooms, and the camera offers comfortable grip for taking images including portraits, architectures, sports and panoramas. The Optio VS20 also includes a vertical tripod socket for stabilized vertical support, as well as incorporate a new Handheld Night Snap mode to capture crisp images with minimal noise, even under low light situations.
Features of Pentax Optio VS20:-
– 16-megapixel CCD sensor with mechanical sensor shift Shake Reduction for stabilized, blur-free images even under low lighting
– Large 3-inch, wide view (approximately 170-degrees) LCD for easy image capture and review
– Auto Picture mode that automatically chooses the best camera settings
– Triple Shake Reduction (SR) for sharp, blur-free images and video
– New scene modes including Fish-eye, Sketch modes and a Stretch filter for more creative options
The PENTAX Optio VS20 will be available in noble black and brilliant white for US$249.95 in February 2012.