At the CES Show in Las Vegas, Pioneer showcased their new Blu-ray disc players – Elite BDP-09FD, Elite BDP-23FD, BDP-320 and BDP-120 – which feature BD-Live that allows online access to multimedia content featured in some newer Blu-ray movies.
Pioneer at CES 2009
Pioneer’s CES 2009 starts off with a double bang – Pioneer’s portable XMp3 player was announced as a CES Portable Media Players Design & Engineering Showcase Honoree. The Pioneer AVIC-F90BT navigation system was also awarded the distinction of CES Innovation Honoree in the In-vehicle Navigation category.
Both the XMp3 player and the AVIC-F90BT were on full display inside the Pioneer Vault, which is open to all and just a few steps from the three Pioneer demo cars and brand new Pioneer products.
Blu-ray® Disc players
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-ray Disc player
The flagship Pioneer Elite player is a highly sophisticated multimedia machine that plays not only Blu-ray Discs but also DVDs upscaled to 1080p (and 24 fps) resolution and CD content with unbelievable clarity, and is also BD-Live ready*. The much anticipated BDP-09FD was engineered to provide the ultimate viewing experience and raise the bar for all future CD, DVD and Blu-ray Disc players. On full display on the showroom floor, this BD player has created the home entertainment standard for design, build and performance quality.
Pioneer Elite® BDP-23FD
A Blu-ray Disc player designed for custom home entertainment installations, the BDP-23FD includes one GB of internal on-board memory for BD-Live content along with an additional USB storage port, 7.1 channel analog output and the following features:
• RS-232C Interface that allows for home automation with complete control of the player.
• Precision Quartz Lock System (PQLS) Multi-Channel – jitter-free audio for new advanced HD audio formats.
• KURO Link Picture Mode: When connected to a KURO television, a new, dedicated A/V mode perfectly syncs and optimizes the image.
Pioneer BDP-320 Blu-ray Disc Player
A welcome addition to the Pioneer line of Blu-ray disc players, this player allows for quick playback of BD-Live content stored on the included one GB of internal memory and a secondary USB storage connection. The BDP-320 also allows for 7.1-channel analog output and a series of picture adjustment features including:
• 48-Bit Deep Color Support ensures a vibrant viewing experience by improving subtle color gradations in movie scenes.
• Picture Control Suite creates a finely tuned image with thirteen different video adjustments.
• Noise Reduction Circuits improve the image quality of lower-quality DVD content.
• KURO™ Link Picture Mode: When connected to a KURO television, a new, dedicated A/V mode perfectly syncs and optimizes the image.
Pioneer® BDP-120 Blu-ray Disc Player
Uncover more than just movies with the new Pioneer BDP-120 Blu-ray Disc player. A player that plays your movies in full high definition and lets you go online via BD-Live™ to download extras like movie trailers, special features and more onto a connected flash drive.
More at Pioneer