Qualcomm has expanded its Snapdragon 200 family with six new additions, along with the introduction of the new Adreno 302 GPU.
To fight the onslaught of cheap ARM Cortex A7 based SoCs (MediaTek, guilty), Qualcomm has introduced six new chips based on the same CPU core, all a part of the mid-range Snapdragon 200 family.
- 1.2 GHz Dual or Quad-Core ARM Cortex A7
- Adreno 302 GPU
- Up To HD (1280 x 720) Display Support
- HSPA+ (21.1 Mbps up/5.76 Mbps down), TD-SCDMA Radios
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Single/Dual/Triple SIM Standby (Dual Active)
- Up To 8 MP Rear, 5 MP Front Cam Support
- Quick Charge 1.0
Expect to see these new budget chips find a place in mid-range Smartphones, as well as many offerings from Chinese phone makers sometime in late 2013.
(To read the full PR, head over to the next page…)