Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (Mechanical Gaming Keyboard) Review
Introducing Razer's first mechanical gaming keyboard – the BlackWidow Ultimate. With 1000Hz polling rate, tactile feedback, macro keys and fully adjustable backlighting, this should be every discerning gamer's weapon of choice.
The BlackWidow Ultimate is Razer's first mechanical keyboard in their extensive line of products.
Mechanical keyboards, unlike the more ubiquitous Membrane-based keyboards, use real switches underneath every key, and in most cases can be actuated halfway through the key travel distance, reducing the constant jarring action on your fingertips and unnecessary muscle action.
- Full mechanical keys with 50 actuation force
- Individually backlit keys with 5 levels of lighting
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling/ 1ms response time
- Programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
- Gaming mode option for deactivation of the Windows key
- 10 customizable software profiles with on-the-fly switching
- 5 additional macro keys
- Gaming optimized key matrix for minimized ghosting
- Multi-Media Controls
- Braided cable
- Audio-out/ Mic-In jacks
- Approx. size in mm : 475(L) x 171(w) x 30(H)
- Weight : 1.5Kg
The Packaging :
Razer has some of the most attractive packagings in the gaming peripheralsindustry and they didn't disappoint. Razer have made a window which allows you to try out the mechanical switch technology before making your decision.
Try before you buy!
After opening the box, the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate can be seen being protected by a plastic shield.
Behind the keyboard lays a small envelope containing a certificate of authenticity by RazerGuy, quick start guide, master guide, product catalog and a pair of obligatory Razer logo stickers.