Research in Motion plans a variety of new BlackBerry products in 2012/2013
With the recent announcement of Research in Motion's newly appointed CEO, the question in everyone's minds is what will the company's future direction?
BlackBerry 10 will be the focus of Research in Motion, and the overall structure will be QNX-based. However, it will take more than 6 months before we will see the formal launch of the new mobile operating system. Let's see what are RIM's general direction for this year.
- RIM is expected to launch two new Curve smartphones based on BlackBerry 7 OS, the Curve 9230 (EDGE) and Curve 9320 (HSPA).
- The new BlackBerry Playbook, which comes with 1.5GHz processor, supports HSPA+ 42Mbps and Near Field Communication, is schedled to launch in either May or June
- BlackBerry "London", which claims to be the first BBX smartphone, is scheduled for September launch.
- A BBX 10 smartphone will be added to the BlackBerry Bold series. And like the Bold 9900, the new phone will have both touchscreen and QWERTY keys, and is scheduled to launch in December this year.
- A smartphone with slide-out QWERTY keyboard, similar to the Torch 9800, will be launched in Q1 2012.