Samsung and Nvidia have jointly announced the new member of the GALAXY line of smartphones, the Galaxy R. The Galaxy R sports a 4.19-inch touchscreen display, incorporates Nvidia Tegra 2 mobile dual-core processor and runs Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system.
NVIDIA and Samsung Electronics have announced the latest GALAXY R smartphone which features a 4.19-inch touchscreen display, NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor and runs Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread mobile operating system. It claims to allow consumers to enjoy superb multimedia experiences, including fast Web browsing with hardware-accelerated Adobe Flash Player support, full high definition (HD) video and console-quality gaming. Users can also access Tegra-optimised games through the Tegra Zone app on Android Market.
Features of the GALAXY R include:
– Tegra 2 super chip
– 4.19-inch WVGA Super Clear LCD touchscreen
– Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system
– 720p HD video capture and 1080p Full HD playback (Divx, WMV, MP4, H.264 B/P only)
– Built-in memory of 8GB and support for 32GB Micro SD
– Size: 125.7 x 66.7 x 9.55 mm
– Weight: 131 gram
The GALAXY R is available in Sweden, and is coming to other regions, including north and eastern Europe, south east and west Asia, Middle East Asia, and China.