At the International CTIA Wireless 2010, Samsung announced their new mobile smartphone – Samsung Galaxy S. The Android-powered Galaxy S sports a 4-inch Super AMOLED display, 1GHz processor, and features ‘Social Hub’ for accessing your social networks.
Seoul, 24 March 2010 – Samsung has introduced the Galaxy S (Model: GT-I9000), a smartphone designed to make users’ lives more convenient, exciting, and integrated. JK Shin, president and head of Samsung Electronics’ Mobile Communications Business announced the global launch of the Galaxy S at his keynote speech at the International CTIA Wireless 2010. The Galaxy S will be available in Europe, North America, Latin America, Australia, and Asia soon.
The Android-powered Galaxy S incorporates a 4-inch Super AMOLED screen and a 1GHz processor that enables vibrant HD videos, through Layar Reality Browser, and advanced LBS (Location Based Services). The ‘Social Hub’ provides always-on social networks connectivity allowing users to enjoy communications with their friends, colleagues, and families.
The Galaxy S immerses users in a world of rich multimedia. The large 4-inch display delivers superb screen quality, with free viewing angles and super-fast touch-response. The mDNIe (mobile Digital Natural Image engine) – a technology used in Samsung’s best-selling LCD and LED TVs – provides sharper and crisper viewing experience for photos, videos, and ebooks.
A variety of applications from Android Market also allows users to even more extend the benefits and excitement of smartphone experience. On top of that, users have access to Google mobile services, such as Google Search, Gmail, and Google Maps.
With a user-defined daily briefing, fast processing speeds and location-based search options like Layar Reality Browser – the Galaxy S gives users the information they need wherever and whenever needed. The Galaxy S represents the next level of intelligence in smartphones.
- Daily Briefing: Offers instant access to weather, news, stocks, and the scheduler.
- All Share: Enables inter-device connectivity via DLNA (Digtal Living Network Alliance) technology.
- Home Cradle: Enables use as a digital photo frame, table clock, calendar, and music station.
- Write and go: Jot down an idea first and later decide on a format such as SMS/ MMS, email, calendar or memo.
- Swype: Provides fast and easy way to input text on screen while on-the-move.
- ThinkFree: Apps to view and edit Microsoft Office 2007 documents.
- Smart Alarm: Wakes up with a natural alarm sound and automatically turned-on display light.
Source: Korea Newswire