Samsung today announced the availability of the Galaxy Note and the Galaxy Nexus smartphone in Singapore. The Galaxy Note 16GB is available at S$998 in November, while the Galaxy Nexus will be available at S$948 by January 2012. Both prices are without line contract and are inclusive of GST.
The Galaxy Note comes with an expansive 5.3" high-resolution screen that provides an immersive viewing experience. A pen-input technology called the S Pen allows users to freely capture and create ideas while on-the-go. The Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone to feature Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Some highlights of the Galaxy Note:
- Unique mobile device that incorporates a touchscreen smartphone with S Pen pen-input technology
- Large size 5.3" HD Super AMOLED display at 1280×800 resolution
- Thickness of only 9.65mm
- Powered by a beefy 1.4GHz dual-core processor
- USB 2.0 Host support (Allows for connecting of USB flash drives, mouse or keyboard)
- Runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
Some highlights of the Galaxy Nexus:
- World's first smartphone running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Features a 4.65" HD Super AMOLED display at 1280×720 resolution
- One of the slimmest smartphones at 8.94mm
- Powered by a 1.2GHz dual core processor
- Redesigned user interface with NFC support and full web browsing experience