Samsung announces Galaxy Note and Galaxy Nexus in Singapore
Samsung today announced the availability of the Galaxy Note and the Galaxy Nexus smartphone in Singapore. The Galaxy Note 16GB is available at S$998 in November, while the Galaxy Nexus will be available at S$948 by January 2012. Both prices are without line contract and are inclusive of GST.
The Galaxy Note comes with an expansive 5.3" high-resolution screen that provides an immersive viewing experience. A pen-input technology called the S Pen allows users to freely capture and create ideas while on-the-go. The Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone to feature Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Some highlights of the Galaxy Note:
- Unique mobile device that incorporates a touchscreen smartphone with S Pen pen-input technology
- Large size 5.3" HD Super AMOLED display at 1280×800 resolution
- Thickness of only 9.65mm
- Powered by a beefy 1.4GHz dual-core processor
- USB 2.0 Host support (Allows for connecting of USB flash drives, mouse or keyboard)
- Runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
Some highlights of the Galaxy Nexus:
- World's first smartphone running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Features a 4.65" HD Super AMOLED display at 1280×720 resolution
- One of the slimmest smartphones at 8.94mm
- Powered by a 1.2GHz dual core processor
- Redesigned user interface with NFC support and full web browsing experience