Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware leaked
SamMobile has posted the leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for yesteryear's Samsung Galaxy S3 flagship smartphone.
Samsung has built a reputation of updating their phones with the latest flavors of Android faster than most other OEMs. In fact, Samsung was the first one to release an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean powered handset (Galaxy S4). Now it looks like last year's flagship will get treated to the newest Jelly Bean flavor even before some of the 2013 offerings, such as HTC (One) and Sony (Xperia Z).
The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3 isn't ready yet, but SamMobile reports that the firmware is as stable as any official firmware. Samsung has added a ton of new features to the already feature-packed Galaxy S3, including ones that debuted with the 2013 Galaxy S4 flagship.
Here's what SamMobile has observed after spending time with the new firmware:
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Lets you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D, the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
Here are some screenshots for your viewing pleasure:
And a video that quickly demonstrates what the new update brings:
Hit the source link to download the firmware and flash it on your Galaxy S3 smartphone today. Do post your feedback if you decide to update.