Samsung Electronics held a regional launch for its flagship Galaxy S i9000 at the Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre yesterday. The Android-based Galaxy S is designed to make users’ lives more convenient and will be available in this region starting with Singapore in June.
Themed “Smart Life”, the Galaxy S regional launch highlighted how Samsung’s flagship smartphone will set a new standard for smartphones, offering a compelling proposition for the lifestyle audience that craves smart, stylish and sophisticated devices.
Super-slim, ultra-lightweight and sporting a dazzling four-inch Super AMOLED screen, the Samsung Galaxy S takes the smartphone experience to a new level through a combination of speed with a 1GHz application processor, amazing features, entertaining content and sleek design. The Galaxy S boasts Samsung’s super-fast TouchWiz 3.0 user-interface (UI), giving users instant access to their mobile lives. The “Smart Life” is further realised through intuitive, integrative features, including Swype text input service, a rich augmented reality browser, Layar, and advanced Location Based Service (LBS) capabilities.
Personalise your Galaxy S experience with a range of pre-loaded applications
Android Market and Samsung Apps deliver a world of rich, entertaining and compelling applications and experiences. Apps across various categories including games, e-books, lifestyle and health services can be downloaded on-the-move on the Galaxy S. The phone’s powerful 1GHz processor enables super-fast performance. In addition, the Galaxy S puts the world at your fingertips with services like Layar augmented reality browser and Swype – the latest technology that enables you to type messages quickly with the glide of your fingers. The Galaxy S includes Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, and Google Talk as well.
Smart design with a super-smart screen for multimedia
The Galaxy S is a stunning, slim device designed to fit sleekly in your pocket. Its super-bright, ultra-sharp four-inch Super AMOLED screen, boasting technology used in Samsung’s award winning LCD and LED TVs, will make your pictures sharp and your videos look incredible. It is the perfect platform to debut your amateur photography skills – you can shoot, edit, play, and share HD all in the palm of your hand.
Connected the way you want to be
At work, you can easily transfer files to your other electronics devices or create a Wi-Fi hub – get online on your laptop using the Galaxy S internet connection feature. On the move, the amazing 1GHz processor allows you to surf, play, and share with speed, keeping you fully connected wherever you are.
Interface that you like
Imagine getting the content you want, when you want it – from your friends’ and loved ones’ status updates to headlines from The Economist to the performance of your stocks and shares. The Android-powered Samsung Galaxy S offers an innovative, intuitive user interface, giving you the flexibility and control to create your own personalised space. The Samsung Galaxy S responds to adjustable user settings, gathers information you want and need and ultimately delivers a daily briefing designed by you.
Navigate smarter with Samsung Galaxy S
Wherever you are heading, the Samsung Galaxy S will help you find your route. Directory service applications like Yelp and Layar can help you find various retail outlets and points of interest by category, while Google Maps with Street View allows you to navigate unfamiliar routes (subject to network and regional availability).
Stay Connected with Social Hub
The Galaxy S makes Smart Life a reality with Social Hub, an integrated social networking feature that brings together social networks service (SNS) like Facebook and Twitter, along with your contacts and messaging services, into a single, easily accessible place.
Galaxy S Key Features
– Super AMOLED: Super-bright, ultra-sharp four-inch Super AMOLED screen for perfect picture and video viewing.
– eBook: Provides best-in-class reading experience on the phone. Customizable fonts, easy text search, and intuitive book list management offers convenient and customized reading experience.
– HD Video: Super fast 1 GHz processor enhances HD video playing and recording features on dazzling Super AMOLED screen.
– Daily Briefing: Offers instant access to weather forecasts, news, stocks, and scheduler.
– All Share: Enables inter-device connectivity via DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) technology.
– Augmented Reality: Shows users’ surroundings and displays information on camera-view. Tele-Atlas POI provides richer information than ever.
– Swype: Provides fast and easy way to input text on screen while on-the-move.
– Write and go: Jot down an idea first and decide later on a format such as SMS/ MMS, email, calendar or memo.
– ThinkFree: Apps to view and edit Microsoft Office 2007 documents.
– Smart Alarm: Wake up with an alarm sound inspired by nature and an automatic display light.