Samsung Korea has announced their new GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 smart players that offer users entertainment on the move. In addition, the company has also launched the full high definition HMX-Q10 camcorder, which is retailing in stores now.
Samsung today launched GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and the GALAXY S WiFi 5.0. Featuring 4- and 5-inch screen sizes respectively, both can deliver the powerful application experiences as the original GALAXY S. The two versions give users an unrivalled entertainment experience through a clear display, a swift 1GHz processor and the Android 2.2 Froyo platform. The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 will be first available in Russia and will be gradually rolled out in other countries. The GALAXY S WiFi 5.0 will be first available in Switzerland.
The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 claim to deliver rich smartphone experiences of the GALAXY S smartphone. With video communications via VoIP services and rich video and music entertainment with multi-codec support, the Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 will keep users constantly entertained.
- Display: The clear display makes web surfing and multimedia viewing a joy. Enjoy movies, favourite TV shows, photos and web-browsing anywhere. Samsung’s latest mDNIe image engine technology ensures that video and images look stunning.
- Android 2.2 Froyo: The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 feature the Android operating system, with possible upgrade option to 2.3 Gingerbread.
- Application Customization: With access to over 150,000 apps available on Android Market, the Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 are fully customizable smart devices. Integrated GPS support further expands the capabilities of the device, letting you benefit from Google’s map services and directory applications.
- Google Mobile Services: Enjoy premium Google services such as Gmail, Google Talk and YouTube. Utilize voice recognition technology to search with Google faster than ever on the Internet.
- Samsung Social Hub: Your entire social life in your hand. Simultaneously post messages and pictures on Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter using Samsung’s Social Hub. The integrated address book provides the ultimate command & control station for the most popular SNS services. Synchronize your personal calendar with friends, family, and the latest events.
- VoIP Voice & Video Calls: The GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 utilize cost-effective video and voice communications services. The Qik application allows video chat which can be shared over social network services.
- HD Video & Images: A camera lets you shoot and share your life, capturing high-quality video or still images. The Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 support DivX HD, allowing high-definition video playback; Support for various codec standards including MPEG4, H264, DivX, XviD, WMV codecs ensures you can enjoy huge catalogues of content from all over the web.
- Audio excellence: The Samsung GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 Smart Player put entertainment at its core, designed to deliver the best possible audio and video experience. Samsung SoundAlive technology provides unrivalled sound quality, with deeper bass and greater tone articulation.
- Enhanced Memory Capability: Packed with generous 8/16 GB memory, plus mircoSD slot and powered by a powerful 1GHz for an industry leading performance, the GALAXY S WiFi 4.0 and 5.0 are equipped to handle any user demand.
Source: Korea Newswire