Sony Ericsson announces W8 Walkman Android phone
Sony Ericsson has announced the new W8 Walkman phone designed to offer entertainment and ease of use to consumers. It runs Android 2.1 and will be available in Asia Pacific in Q2.
Sony Ericsson today adds the W8 Walkman phone that boasts great entertainment that extends the appeal of the Walkman collection.
The W8 features a user interface that can be customised for one-touch access to users’ favourite applications – a feature found on the Xperia mini range of products. The Sony Ericsson W8 Walkman phone allows for quick and easy access to playlists and the Walkman player. It also comes complete with the MH 410 stereo headset.
The Sony Ericsson W8 comes with a 3-inch screen that is great for gaming, view the latest videos on YouTube or browse the web. Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera, video recording functionality and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Corner user interface for easy one hand use and one touch access to applications
- Customise the corners for instant access to your favourite widgets and apps on your home page
- Enjoy games, video, internet and more on the 3-inch screen
- Timescape shows all your communication in one place for ultimate simplicity
- Android Market – More than 150,000 of applications to keep you entertained
- 3.2 megapixel camera – snap away and upload instantly to Facebook
- Fast Internet access via 3G and Wi-Fi
- Walkman designed hardware and UI
- Walkman widget on home screen
- Android platform (version 2.1)
The Sony Ericsson W8 Walkman phone will be available in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam from Q2 2011 in the colours Azur (blue), Metallic Red and the iconic Walkman Orange.