Today, Sony Ericsson will officially launch their new service centre in the heartlands of Singapore. The centre at Bishan Junction 8 provides phone diagnosis, software update assistance and repair services for Sony Ericsson customers.
The new Sony Ericsson service centre at Bishan Junction 8 will be officially opened tomorrow (15 Oct 2010). The centre will be run by 6range, Sony Ericsson’s exclusive partner, and aims to provide phone diagnosis, software update assistance and repair facilities.
According to the phone manufacturer, the after-sales service experience that Sony Ericsson customers will enjoy at the service centre includes:
– Professional consultants who are technically equipped to assist with customer queries- Assistance in updating software versions in mobile phones
– Loan of mobile phones to customers while phones are being diagnosed and repaired
– Online monitoring service of status and progress of phone servicing, and immediate update when phone is ready for collection
– Online pre-registration to save customers’ time before being attended to at the service centre
– Enhanced value trade-ins where customers who choose not to repair their phones can trade it in at a higher trade-in value for a new Sony Ericsson phone.
– Collection of old phones and accessories in exchange for vouchers that can be used for new purchases or service fees