Sony Ericsson has announced the new C510 Cyber-shot™ which will be available in Singapore from Q1 2009 in Future Black and Radiation Silver colours. The manufacturer also introduced Smile Shutter™ technology which will take a photo upon detection of a person’s smile.
Sony Ericsson unveils the C510 Cyber-shot™ and introduces Smile Shutter™ technology
Sony Ericsson today announces its first mobile phone with Smile Shutter™ technology,wrapped up in its most affordable Cyber-shot™ phone to date; the C510 Cyber-shot™. The Smile Shutter™ technology will also be added to the 8.1 megapixel camera phone C905 Cyber-shot™, launched in November 2008.
Singapore – January 8, 2009 – Sony Ericsson today introduces the beautifully simple
C510 Cyber-shot™, its most affordable Cyber-shot™ phone to date, and an application
upgrade to the C905 Cyber-shot™ phone, currently at the top of the charts across the
The Sony Ericsson Cyber-shot™ portfolio has topped 32 million handsets sales worldwide demonstrating Sony Ericsson’s market leadership in bringing exciting new camera phone technology to consumers around the world.
The C510 Cyber-shot™ will make Sony Ericsson’s camera phone experience accessible to even more consumers and markets worldwide.
More consumers can now enjoy the Cyber-shot™ experience, without compromising on quality at an affordable price. Sony Ericsson continues to push design and innovation, as well as work with the best partners in the industry, to provide existing consumers and consumers in new markets the chance to enjoy the benefits of mobile photography.
The C510 Cyber-shot™ phone was rated “best imaging experience,” in the 3-megapixel range of camera phones, according to a research conducted in Germany by TESTfactory.
The accessible C510 Cyber-shot™ handset is jammed packed with the highest quality
imaging technology and encased in a stylish handset design expected from Sony Ericsson.
Beautifully simple C510 Cyber-shot™ features include:
• Reliable 3.2 megapixel Cyber-shot™ camera with protective slide-in lens cover
• Smile Shutter™ – clever technology that detects a person’s smile and immediately takes the photo!
• Face Detection – focusing technology of up to three faces at a time
• Auto-rotation – alter the landscape and portrait view by rotating the mobile phone
• Illuminated imaging shortcut keys for fast access to camera functions
• Snapfish by HP – pre-installed application allows users to send print orders from the
phone to Snapfish and have quality photo prints delivered to their homes.
• YouTube™ enabled – upload your videos and images straight to the web
• Photo Fix – adjust light balance, brightness and contrast simultaneously
• SMS conversation style – see your entire SMS conversation history at a glance
• Auto focus – take the best shot
“We have been leaders and innovators in the camera phone segment since the company was started,” said Jack Tan, General Manager, Singapore at Sony Ericsson. “Now we are delighted to unveil the C510 Cyber-shot™, our most accessible Cyber-shot™ phone to date which includes a host of new features normally found on more premium phones.
Features like Smile-Shutter™, YouTube integration and Snapfish by HP integration make
the C510 Cyber-shot™ a really fun mobile phone to use. This phone will enable us to
engage new markets and consumers to our Cyber-shot™ phone experience.”
The fantastic C905 Cyber-shot™ phone is now even better thanks to new software
announced today by Sony Ericsson. The 8.1 megapixel camera phone has received
tremendous feedback across the globe. According to TESTfactory*, the C905 Cybershot
™ phone delivered the “best imaging experience,” in the 8-megapixel class of camera
This upgrade is designed to add extra value to a consumer’s camera phone experience,
and make a fantastic product even better. Consumers who already own a C905 Cybershot ™ phone can easily download the new applications from mid-February 2009 at http://www.sonyericsson.com/.
Capture the spontaneous moments in life with the C905 Cyber-shot™ upgrade, which features:
• Smile Shutter™
• WayFinder 8
• Snapfish by HP – high quality, best value prints. Place print orders directly from the mobile phone – no memory cards, cables or offload needed
• SMS/MMS conversation style – users can switch between the generic inbox or conservation chat where the entire message chain is presented at a glance.
Also announced today is a new colour of C905 Cyber-shot™, Tender Rose, available from March 2009 in Singapore and IM502, a new camera phone tripod, available in stores soon.
The C510 Cyber-shot™ supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800/1900 and UMTS/HSPA
2100. C510 Cyber-shot™ will be available in Singapore from Q1 2009 in the colours
Future Black and Radiation Silver.