Sony Ericsson is well-known for their Xperia smartphones, and at this week’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the company has unveiled the new Xperia Arc that is slim, lightweight and sports an extremely stylish design. Read on for the news release
Sony Ericsson has launched their new Xperia arc smartphone that is built with exceptional multimedia experience on the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) platform.
The Xperia arc sports a stunning design. It is super slim and light, measuring just 8.7mm at its thinnest part and has a 4.2-inch multi-touch screen. Created from premium materials and with a stunning arc body, this smartphone is sleek, strong and designed to fit perfectly in the user’s hand. Incorporating the Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, the phone delivers exceptional visual brilliance and a crystal clear image which enhances the overall entertainment experience. Furthermore, Sony Exmor R for mobile sensor with the f/2.4 lens enables the capture of high quality pictures and high definition (HD) videos even in low light. All pictures and videos can be shared to your living room TV via the built in HDMI-connector.
- Slim, lightweight and strong, with perfect ergonomics
- Extra wide 4.2-inch multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine to ensure ultimate multimedia and viewing experiences
- Sony Exmor R for mobile: for best-in-class low-light photography and video capture
- 8.1-megapixel camera and high definition video recording capability
- Android Market – thousands of applications to keep you entertained
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc will be available globally in selected markets, including Japan, from Q1 in the colours Midnight Blue and Misty Silver.
Processor: 1GHz Qualcomm
Phone memory: Up to 512 MB
Memory card support: up to 32 GB
Memory card included: microSD 8 GB
Operating system: Google Android 2.3
Display: 4.2 inches capacitive multi-touch
Display resolution: 854 x 480 pixels
Size: 125 x 63 x 8.7mm
Source: Sony Ericsson