Sony’s Xperia i1 Honami is the company’s upcoming flagship Smartphone scheduled for the 2H of 2013. To be introduced after the phablet Xperia ZU (Togari), Honami will combine the best of Sony in a solid 5-inch display bearing package.
Sony’s upcoming Xperia i1 (codenamed Honami) is the realization of a joint effort by multiple departments within Sony. A mobile truly made by Sony (and not just Sony Mobiles), the company aims to impress the world with Honami’s build quality, design, display, sheer performance and brilliant camera. The image (above) is allegedly the world’s first look at the Xperia i1, albeit terribly blurred. Of course, the blurriness can be attributed to the quick thinking of the camera man, either trying to pass a fake or just to protect his identity. The credibility of the source (user on Esato forums) leads us to believe that the latter is true in this case.
Meanwhile, Svartling.net summarizes the alleged full specifications of the Xperia i1 Honami:
- 5.0-inch 1920×1080 Triluminos, OptiContrast, X-Reality Engine, 2000:1 + Contrast Ratio
- Snapdragon MSM8974 2.3 ghz, Adreno 330
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB Internal, microSD expansion
- 2/3″ 20/13 MP Exmor RS camera with Sony G lens, Cybershot Camera UI, Camera shutter key, Interchangeable lenses
- Xenon + Dual LED Flash, Mobile BIONZ Image processing
- NFC, One Touch Sharing, WIFI Miracast
- BlueTooth 4.0
- S-Master MX Mobile Audio Amplifier
- 1080p Exmor R front camera 2.2 Megapixel
- Dual Stereo speakers
- Android 4.2.2, new Xperia UI
- 4G LTE
- Tough Shatter proof Glass on front ( Tougher than Xperia Z Dragontrail glass)
- 3000mAh battery, new improved STAMINA mode
- Glass + Metal/Carbon Fiber body
- IP 55/58 dust, water resistance, shock resistance. No flap on audio jack
- IR Remote
Bear in mind that all the features listed above may not be accurate. Our own sources put most of the features in the ‘confirmed’ list, however features such as interchangeable lenses and Xenon flash are still not confirmed.
Honami i1 render by conept artist
Sony is expected to unveil the Xperia i1 Honami sometime in the next 3 months, we await the day eagerly.