Sony Xperia Z1′s full spec sheet uncovered hours ahead of formal intro
Looks like someone at Sony made a blunder of catastrophic proportions with mere hours to go until maybe the company’s biggest smartphone unveiling to date. Not that the Xperia Z1 (aka Honami) was much of a mystery before today.
But still, some minor things were left undisclosed, which I’m afraid is not the case anymore. Sony’s entire official press release (or something that looks exactly that way) has been leaked to the media and, of course, it reveals everything there is to know about the Z1. Save for its exact release date and pricing structure, which are probably bound to remain cryptic for a little while longer.
Without further ado therefore, I give you the full list of features of Sony’s newest flagship smartphone:
- 5-inch TFT Triluminos display with 1,920 x 1,080 pixels resolution and X-Reality for mobile
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974 (aka Snapdragon 800) processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage, expandable via microSD with up to 64 gigs extra
- 20.7 MP rear-facing camera with 8x digital zoom, auto focus, burst mode, Exmor RS sensor, F2.0 aperture
- 2 MP front snapper capable of HD video recording (1,080p)
- 3,000 mAh battery (embedded)
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 3D Surround Sound, ClearAudio+, Walkman app, xLoud Experience
- IPX5 and IPX8 certification for water resistance, IP5X dust-proof
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Xperia Link, Bluetooth 4.0, aGPS, DLNA, Glonass, MHL support, NFC
- GSM GPRS/EDGE, UMTS HSPA+, LTE
- 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm dimensions
- 170 grams weight
- Black, white and purple color options
There you have it, folks, the highly anticipated Xperia Z1 in all its glory. With a stunning 5-inch Full HD screen and explosive Snapdragon 800 CPU, but “only” 2 GB RAM. Super-slim and packing a massive battery, not to mention a top-notch camera, the thing is due out on store shelves later this month and, just my two cents, has everything it takes to give Samsung’s Galaxy Note 3 a run for its money.
Does anyone care to disagree? How about give a guesstimate on Z1’s price tag? $700 outright? More? Less?