SP/Silicon Power launches Extreme E25 Solid State Disk
The Taiwanese company Silicon Power has just announced the launch of their newest SSD Extreme E25 drives. The 2.5" drives feature TRIM support, built in ECC and a maximum read speed of 278MB/s.
Although the company baptized the E25 "Extreme SSD", it actually is the mainstream series which the company offers. Although the top speed of the drive is not dramatic by today's standards, the SATA-II drive features built in error correcting and DDR2 RAM Cache, as well as support of TRIM command. The drive's memory and/or controller are currently unknown.
Manufacturer's feature list:
- Excellent transmission performance and stability.
- Support TRIM Command, write-in function increased.
- Available capacities: 64GB/128GB/256GB
- Compatible SATA I and SATA II interfaces and conforms 2.5”SATA interface(SATA SSD)
- DDR2 DRAM Cache memory implementation to enhance E25’s reading performances and lifespan
- Built-in ECC error correcting code to guarantee data reliability. Super high speed transmission speed Wear-Leveling technology to extend its lifespan
- Compliant with European RoHS requirement, meeting the green environment trend
- Low power consumption and vibration proof
- Noiseless operation, no latency delay and no seek error
- 3-year Warranty