User from Taitung, Taiwan unhurt, but his HTC One X is destroyed after a spontaneous combustion.

1005686_4871547799673_1213499317_n-665x498

An HTC One X owner from Taiwan has reported that his phone “spontaneously combusted”. According to a publicly available Facebook post, he says that he was in the middle of charging his phone when it burst into flames.

The user says he went into a local Far Eastern Tone office, a Taiwanese telco, to try and get a replacement phone, but they insisted on a $21 USD ($300 Taiwan Dollar) inspection fee.

1186059_4871548199683_1568836212_n-665x498 1095110_4871547279660_548118240_n-665x498 1149716_4871546919651_1017711166_o-665x886

HTC says that it’s dealing with the situation.

Some users of the HTC One X report that the phone’s battery will swell over time.

VR-Zone has contacted HTC for comment and will update this post as we know more.