User from Taitung, Taiwan unhurt, but his HTC One X is destroyed after a spontaneous combustion.
An HTC One X owner from Taiwan has reported that his phone “spontaneously combusted”. According to a publicly available Facebook post, he says that he was in the middle of charging his phone when it burst into flames.
The user says he went into a local Far Eastern Tone office, a Taiwanese telco, to try and get a replacement phone, but they insisted on a $21 USD ($300 Taiwan Dollar) inspection fee.
HTC says that it’s dealing with the situation.
Some users of the HTC One X report that the phone’s battery will swell over time.
VR-Zone has contacted HTC for comment and will update this post as we know more.