Machine vision hardware and software manufacturer Teledyne DALSA has unveiled their new Icon user programmable camera, though it is designed mainly for OEMs. The Icon camera series features a 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 and C64x+ DSP processor, Microsoft Windows CE real-time operating system and supports resolutions from VGA to 1600 in color and monochrome.
Today, Teledyne DALSA unveiled its new Icon user programmable camera series for embedded image processing applications. It features high quality, high sensitivity sensors and supports resolutions from 640×480 (VGA) to 1600×1200 in color and monochrome. It gives vision system developers power and flexibility to develop their own embedded imaging applications with the Embedded Sapera Vision SDK, a suite of embedded image acquisition, processing, analysis and control libraries using conventional programming languages like C/C++. The Embedded Sapera Vision SDK package also features CamExpert as well as system configuration tools for easy configuration, development, debugging, and deploying vision applications.
Key Features and Benefits
- Available in resolutions of 640×480 and up to 1600×1200 in monochrome and color
- Bundled as part of the Embedded Sapera Vision SDK, Embedded Sapera Processing features highly optimized image processing primitives, Barcode, OCR, blob analysis, area and geometric search and calibration tools
- Pre-licensed to run the entire suite of Embedded Sapera Processing
- Designed for standalone operations and to carry out necessary actions with the help of onboard general purpose I/O
- Communicates with external devices, like PLC, using either Ethernet or RS232 ports
- Incorporates non-volatile memory to store user applications and can be configured to run on power up without any assistance from a PC
- Features optically isolated inputs and outputs for reliable operations
- Available in C and CS-mount versions
Source: Korea Newswire