Toshiba launches Qosmio F750 gaming laptop with glasses-free 3D technology
Toshiba’s Singapore Computer Systems Division (CSD), a division of Toshiba Singapore, has unveiled the Qosmio F750 3D, the world's first glasses-free 3D notebook PC that is capable of displaying 3D and 2D content simultaneously on a single screen. The new Qosmio F750 3D will be available in South and South East Asia market from mid-July.
The Qosmio F750 3D also features high-quality DVD 2D to 3D real-time conversion that opens up fascinating opportunities for professionals such as architects, scientists, product designers and doctors.
Glasses-free 3D technology
Users can watch high-quality 3D images or enjoy 3D games in one window without any need to wear dedicated glasses or installing a dedicated panel over the display, while at the same time working, browsing the internet or sending e-mail in another window.
Face-tracking avoids blind spots in 3D mode
Toshiba has adopted a "face-tracking" function and "Active Lens" to fulfill this requirement. "Face-tracking" allows the integrated web camera to track the user's face and recognize the position of the eyes. "Active Lens", integrated into the LED panel, controls polarization of light delivered from the panel. These functions secure precise delivery of separate images to each eye, even when the user moves. Toshiba uses a switchable active lens to separate the two parallax images and to guide them into the left and the right eye. To allow the viewer to vary his or her position in front of the laptop’s display, the Qosmio F750 3D features an HD web camera with face tracking technology, which continually detects the position of the viewer’s face, which provides a large 3D viewing zone without blind spots.
3D Window technology for partial 3D display
The switchable active lens also enables the display to show 2D and 3D content simultaneously – a 3D experience that can only be achieved with glasses-free 3D technology. Users can now view a 3D movie whilst reading background information on a Web site in 2D. "3D Window" is realized by the "Active Lens", which controls polarization of the light delivered from the LED panel. With Active Lens turned off, the panel delivers normal 2D image; with it turned on, the panel delivers 3D images, separating the images sent to each eye.
Beyond watching 3D movies and playing 3D games
With embedded harman kardon stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio, users get a truly cinematic experience – in 2D and 3D mode.
Specifications of Qosmio F750 3D
- Intel Core i7 Quad Core
- 15.6-inch Clear SuperView Full HD glasses-free 3D display (16:9), LED backlighting, 1,920 x 1080 pixels
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M with 2GB dedicated VRAM
- Harman Kardon stereo speakers, Line-In with Sleep-and-Music function, Dolby Advanced Audio
- RAM: up to 8 GB DDR3 (1333 MHz)
- 2.5-inch HDD up to 640GB 7200rpm (with HDD 3D impact sensor)
- Blu-Ray Rewritable drive
- Bluetooth 3.0, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 1x USB 3.0 with Sleep-and-Charge, 3x USB 2.0, Multi-Card Reader, HDMI (REGZA-Link)
- HD Web camera with face-tracking technology and Toshiba Face Recognition
- Toshiba Resolution+, Toshiba Media Controller, Toshiba Bulletin Board, Toshiba Reeltime, Toshiba PC Health Monitor
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Starting from 3.20kg