Toshiba’s NB100H / HF Netbook Review
Impress has done Toshiba’s latest netbook – the NB100 series (NB100H and HF) and will be expected to retail this month. Prices of these netbooks will cost around 65,000 yen (S$1005). Lets dive into the specifications of these netbooks in the next page.
Impress has revealed Toshiba’s latest netbook – the NB100 series (NB100H and HF) and will be expected to retail this month.
Prices of these netbooks will cost around 65,000 yen (S$1005).
Key differences between the variations available are:
- Comes with 64GB SSD as storage
- OS is loaded with Windows Vista SP1
- Memory comes with either 1GB or 2GB
- Uses a standard 160GB hard disk as storage
- OS is loaded with Windows XP SP3
- Only 1GB memory
Other than that, the other specifications are the same between the 2 models including the looks
- Intel Atom N270 (1.6GHz)
- Intel 945 GME Express chipset
- 1024×600 resolution on a 8.9″ display that is claimed to be low reflective.
- Weight: NB100/HF is at 1025grams, NB100H at 1059grams. The battery, a 38Wh model is at 224grams.
A test on battery life which involves turning the brightness to the maximum, wireless and bluetooth activated and a video (WMV9, bit rate 1156kbps, 640 × 480 resolution) playing continuously the background.
The results - NB100 about 1 hour and 48 minutes while, NB100/HF about 2 hours, 46 minutes.
The only complaint however, was the touch pad, there is no gap between the pad and click buttons, hence care is needed during operation.
Left side: a kenningston slot, 1 USB slot
Rear side: VGA D-sub output, Ethernet LAN port and power connector
Front side: Audio Out and Microphone In
Images Courtesy of Impress