Ubisoft reveals release date and collector’s edition info for Watch Dogs
Ubisoft has shed light on the release date and special collector's editions of their upcoming open-world techno-stealth title Watch_Dogs, which is slated for release on Nov. 22, 2013 for current /next-gen consoles and PC.
In a press release issued earlier today, Ubisoft has announced the official release date for their anticipated game Watch_Dogs, which is slated to hit stores on November 19, 2013 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and PC.
Ubisoft has also made plans to bring Watch_Dogs to next-gen consoles including Sony's PlayStation 4, and we may see a release on Microsoft's Xbox 720/Durango as well.
With Watch_Dogs, Ubisoft blends signature elements from open-world titles while incorporating innovative stealth mechanics that are infused with futuristic high-tech elements, allowing gamers to explore a world where "everything is connected".
Along with the official release date, Ubisoft has also unveiled information on four different special editions of the game, each offering its own variety of additional content that immerses players even further into the game itself.
The four editions are the Dedsec Edition, the Vigilante Edition, the Uplay Exclusive Edition and the Special Edition. Below you can find info on each of the four editions and what they offer:
- Aiden Pearce figurine
- Steelbook (contains Watch_Dogs game disc)
- Dedsec Collector's box
- Watch_Dogs Artbook
- Original soundtrack
- Set of 4 collectible cards: discover Watch_Dogs' iconic characters through augmented reality
- Set of 3 exclusive badges
3 singleplayer missions with almost 60 minutes of additional gameplay:
- Palace Pack: A police raid is planned on the luxury palace of an Internet mogul. His impressive databanks have intimate details on thousands of people…including Aiden Pearce. Break inside, wipe those hard drives and escape before the raid begins. Rewards unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission: investigation bonus allows gamers to unlock more investigative opportunities inside the network databanks, and ATM hack boost which boost the cash rewards when hacking bank accounts.
- Signature Shot: A biometrics weapon has been smuggled into Chicago for a captain of the Black Viceroys gang. The weapon only works for the first person who holds the gun. Breach a stronghold, steal the package and be the first to hold the weapon. Rewards unlocked upon completion of the ulc mission: black viceroys gang colours outfit and biometric assault rifle.
- Breakthrough Pack: A secret gathering is underway. The Chicago Club is negotiating power with Corporate CEOs. The Club has hired scramblers to block surveillance devices. Drive around the city to find the scramblers and take them out. Retrieve all names from the meeting and upload their images to the world. Rewards unlocked upon completion of the ULC mission: vehicle expert perk allowing players to get free vehicles from underground car contact and earn discounts on select cars.
- Vigilante Collector's box (copy of Watch_Dogs game in a unique and stylized box)
- Aiden Pearce's cap
- Aiden Pearce's mask
- Original soundtrack of the game
- Palace Pack singleplayer mission
Uplay Exclusive Edition (available exclusively via the Uplay website)
This special edition is only available from the Uplay website and includes the following:
- Exclusive Steelbook (contains Watch_Dogs game disc)
- Palace Pack, Signature Shot and Breakthrough Pack singleplayer missions
This edition features one digital singleplayer mission and a copy of the game itself.
- Copy of Watch_Dogs game disc
- Breakthrough Pack singleplayer mission
Note: The above information reflects a press release issued in the UK, and some pre-order bonuses may differ from region to region.
Ubisoft has also released a brand new gameplay trailer for the game itself, which can be found below. The trailer focuses on how Aiden Pearce utilized the interconnectivity of technology and his own personal cunning to bring revenge to those that crossed him, and goes a long way in adding even more anticipation for the upcoming title.
Watch_Dogs is currently slated for a release on Nov. 19, 2013 (Nov. 22 in UK) for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, PC and next-gen consoles. For more information or to pre-order your copy today please visit the game's official website.