Xbox 360 and PS3 collector’s editions announced for Payday 2
505 Games, the publisher behind Overkill Software’s upcoming sequel to Payday: The Heist, has recently announced that a Collector’s Edition for Payday 2 is now available for pre-order.
The Payday 2 Collector’s Edition will be offered alongside the previously announced Lootbag DLC pre-order for both Xbox 360 and PS3, and includes the following for $59.99:
- Copy of Payday 2 on selected platform
- Official Payday 2 collector’s mask
- Commemorative $100 bill wallet
- Complete Payday 2 soundtrack audio CD
Additionally gamers who pre-order their copy of Payday 2 ($39.99 retail) also receive the Lootbag DLC at no charge, which includes a variety of digital goodies to help players in their bloody quest for cash.
The Lootbag DLC includes the following is only for Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game:
- Military red dot weapon sight available for use on all rifles and shotguns
- Bundle of in-game cash
- Skull mask
- Black and red mask
- Mask with “I Love OVERKILL!”
For PC gamers, Steam has the following pre-order incentives for Payday 2:
- “Lootbag DLC” – contents as noted above, game is also priced at $39.99
- “Career Criminal Edition” – game is priced at $49.99
- Lootbag DLC
- PAYDAY 2 original soundtrack
- Two beta keys – one to keep, one to give to a friendThe Crime.net Deal – receive in-game discounts on all purchases in PAYDAY 2’sCrime.net
- Bain’s Guide To The Criminal Underworld – PAYDAY 2 crime boss Bain’s guide is a digital, must-have guide on heisting
- Blueprints for places to heist
Along with this announcement, a new game trailer has been launched featuring Payday 2′s game director David Goldfarb as he walks gamers through the maniacal shoot-em-up crime-spree that makes up the bulk of Payday 2′s gameplay.
The sequel to one of last year’s most acclaimed shooters takes all of the classic elements of the original–Payday: The Heist–and packs them into a new setting, where our anti-hero criminals wreak havoc on the streets of Washington D.C.
In case you’re new to the Payday series, the sequel will feature the same dynamic co-op action as its predecessor, with four different unique professions to choose from, each with their own distinct in-game attributes and skill trees: Mastermind, Enforcer, Ghost and Technician.
Up to four players can take part in a variety of capers, including contracts and jobs with various criminal organizations including the Mexican cartel and Ukranian underground. Players can customize and modify their equipment, including weaponry and mask personalizations, with a huge array of firearms and combinations to keep the most gun-savvy FPS gamers busy.
Overall the game looks to be one of the more unique FPS’s of the year, featuring a stylish flair that’s akin to Counter-Strike mixed with some Point Break elements thrown into the mix, and has its fair share of new additions and features to keep players occupied for some good old-fashioned heist action.
Payday 2 is slated to release in August 2013 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. For more information please visit the game’s official website.