XFX Geforce 7800GT Review!
Benchmarking Rig Configuration:
- AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 (2.6Ghz, 200Mhzx13)
- Geil Platinum TCCD 256MB x2 in dual channel configuration (2-2-5-2-1T)
- DFI NF4 SLI Infinity
- XFX Geforce 7800GT 256MB
- Inno3D Geforce 7800GTX 256MB
- Seagate Baracuda 7200.7 80GB SATA
- Samsung 16X DVD Rom
- Futuremark 3DMark 05 Build 120
- Futuremark 3DMark 03 Build 360
- Windows XP w/ SP2
The XFX 7800GT scored pretty well in this preliminary benches that we ran;
The 7800GTX only managed to beat it by a mere margin of 440 marks in 3DMark05!
|Card||XFX Geforce 7800GT||Inno3D Geforce 7800GTX|
We tried our hands on overclocking the card and we managed to hit a ceiling
of 510Mhz core and 1080Mhz memory on stock cooling. Our result: a 9% yield in
3DMark 05. As expected, the 2.0ns memory from infineon, rated to run at 1000Mhz
isn’t very overclockable, especially when it is already factory pre-overclocked
at 1050Mhz. The core does a respectable 60Mhz Overclock from the default speed
Overall, the overclocked card produced a good score of 7872 3Dmarks, and that
translates to about 180marks more than a 7800GTX at stock, not bad at all!